10.10.2011

Moskovskij Beat

the weekend after next (22. - 25.10) i'm going to moskow for three days - can't wait to get there.
on the other hand i'm a little worried about it, because people keep on telling me, that sanct petersburg isn't the "real" russia, but moskow is. they never add though what that's supposed to mean. i decided to go and find out for myself, now that i still can. at the end of october i'll have to hand over my passport at least for a month to renew my visa, turning it into a multiple-entry one. without passport - no travelling, not even inside the country, 'cause you need it for buying the trainticket (which has your name on it). so that'll be my last chance in a while to leave the city!

to nourish my anticipation - here's my favourite russian rock'n'roll band "bravo" with their all-time-hit "moskovskij beat".



by the way: in russian, moskow is "Моска" [Maskva] and the city's inhabitants are called "Москвичи" [Maskvitshi]. that was one thing i was quite fascinated by when starting to learn russian: that a female moskovian is called "Москвичка" [Maskvitshka]. sounds very cute to a german speaker.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen